We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Though amaryllis is a beautiful flower blossoming with vivid pinks, reds and whites, it isn't a match for your beloved canine companion. To be on the safe side, keep your amaryllis far from your dog's reach.
Amaryllis is No Match for Max
Amaryllis has many aliases including Saint Joseph lily and naked lady. A dog who ingests an amaryllis may suffer depression, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, anorexia, tremors and may salivate more than normal. Phenanthridine alkaloids, which can be found in the leaves, stem and bulbs of an amaryllis, are toxic to our canine friends and can cause them to experience respiratory depression (slowed breathing) and hypotension, which is a drop in blood pressure. Seek veterinary care if you believe your dog has ingested the plant.