Information

Is Amaryllis Harmful to Dogs?

Is Amaryllis Harmful to Dogs?


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Though amaryllis is a beautiful flower blossoming with vivid pinks, reds and whites, it isn't a match for your beloved canine companion. To be on the safe side, keep your amaryllis far from your dog's reach.

Amaryllis is No Match for Max

Amaryllis has many aliases including Saint Joseph lily and naked lady. A dog who ingests an amaryllis may suffer depression, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, anorexia, tremors and may salivate more than normal. Phenanthridine alkaloids, which can be found in the leaves, stem and bulbs of an amaryllis, are toxic to our canine friends and can cause them to experience respiratory depression (slowed breathing) and hypotension, which is a drop in blood pressure. Seek veterinary care if you believe your dog has ingested the plant.

References


Watch the video: Poisonous plants to keep away from kids + pets part 2 (December 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos